1. Add a “pin it” button to your site. This is one of the easiest and most overlooked techniques.
It only takes a few minutes. If you are using WordPress, there are a bunch of plugins that will do
this for you.
2. Pin your own content. One of the best ways to get started is to pin your own content and link
it back to a page that has a call to action.
3. Open an account for each of your businesses. Just like your website, your Pinterest
account should be focused on one specific niche. This helps to keep your message clear when
4. Create boards that target specific keywords. When you create a board, the name of the
board is used in the url of the board. These urls get indexed in Google for the name. Because
Pinterest is a highly trusted site, this can have tremendous seo benefits.
Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with your marketing. -Mike Volpe, Chief Marketing Officer, Hubspot
5. Add a call to action so people will click through. Tell the person viewing your image what to
do. This has been proven through many test to work. If you just leave them with a photo and
no directions, they will hit the back button more often than if you make an offer and tell them to
6. Pin your Youtube videos for more traffic. A really good way to get the view to click through
is to capture the image you are going to pin with the play button on top of it. When they see this
they will click on it to play the video. This will take them to whatever url you have linked it to.
7. Use hashtags in the captions of your pins. A hashtag is a keyword with no spaces and a “#”
appended to the front of it (i.e. #catsanddogs). This has become a standard way of tagging
content on social networks. As such, it is used on Pinterest, and it is a great way to get your
8. Add prices to pins so people will know you are selling something. PIctures of houses, boats,
books, and the like don’t convey to the viewer that they are for sale. Adding a price lets the
view know they can buy it.
9. Pin before and after photos that show your work. This is used very effectively in magazines
and tv ads. Comparing the old to the new instantly delivers the message that you know what
you are doing.
10. Create contest to drive more traffic and get more re-pins. You can run a contest on your
site and post a pin with the details and a call to action to click and participate. You can also run
a contest that requires a re-pin to enter. Randomly select a winner from the users that re-pin
11. Track pins and re-pins to determine what people like. Once you have some content from
your site pinned, you can go to www.pinterest.com/source/yourwebsite and see stats.
The best place to send Pinterest traffic to is a dedicated landing page on your site. With the right offer, you can convert many of your visitors to your email list. Checkout the Ultimate Landing Page Advanced plugin for WordPress to build high converting landing pages that let you link up to your email manangement company.